coupla questions

sound liek your rims are not vw hub centric , what
make you got on those rims? , I knwo when I needed hub
centric rings for my ats cups I visited local disocunt
tire shop and they located a complete set for like 8$
and installed them too for free :)

this could be your problem the rims become off center
and rubs on the caliper... do you have some vibrations
in the steering while driving the car ?