Out of Ohio...

Made it back to my apartment in VA at around 11pm last night.  Hit
the Gods Hammer
rain storm *5* times while going east and south, the storm catching my ass when
I would change directions or stopping for too long.  Those that drove
through it know
how unbelievable it was.

Anyway, I just wanted to add that I had a great time, as usual, this
weekend, and I am
looking forward to another year..where I'll try and arrive ealier!
The late arrival on
Friday was for a good cause though, as I had a
"Both-You-And-Your-Car-Are-Going"
moment when I got to Jason Camissa's house.  We put a bunch of stuff
back together
on his 16v and hit the road...only about 3.5 hours late. :)

The lunch break we had in PA netted me the bottle opener that Rich
Deede kept borrowing and
insisted that he knew I'd have anyway...sorta weird really.  Testify.

My only bad moment of the weekend came when Jim (with unknown
assistance) finished
charging the A/C on his car only to realize that the compressor I had
given him wouldn't
work and just screamed bloody murder when the clutch was engaged.
Whoops, sorry Jim.
Um, it was free? :-)  It took two drinks before he was right with the
world again...then
he went and liberated another compressor from a parts rocco sticking
up out of the lawn
near the barn.  At least it seems they just grow up out of the ground
around Dauns...

Daun and family were very gracious again this year, we can only hope
to be allowed
back again next year.  Thanks folks!

I discovered that my car does not like Mike L., but will let Daun
drive it at will.  It also
will not idle properly when started by Eric S. (as he _might_ have
been trying to go for
an illicit ride after rolling up the windows and locking the
doors...or was that just
because you didn't want to get "thrown-clear" after starting the
motor, hmmm?) :-)  I
have a very particular car.

How did Scott Williams car leave anyway?  After letting every fourth person in
attendance work on his ride, I'm sure it's closer to driving on it's
own, eh?  Oh, and
the Canadians think they own that phrase BTW.  eh?  I threw one out,
and actually meant it,
and caught a small amount of static from Drew and Cathy!  I grew up
in Northern NY, cut
me some slack, eh.  :-)!!

Big Mac talked about getting some help on the GRM project, but as Ron
pointed out, his
mind is writing checks from banks no one has heard of..."The Bank of
2 Day Runners"?
Come-on dude...sounds like fun actually. ha! :)  (we'll talk Brian,
I'll be living uncomfortably
close by...)

Saturday dinner was soooo great!  Thanks Texas crew, would love to
have that again!  I
think I pounded three brisket sandwiches with a two Shiner chaser!
Super stuff.

I got a lot of good feedback on the shirt logo this year, as I used
the stitched shot of our
cars spelling SCIROCCO from last year as part of the design...if you
were there you can
pick yourself out from the picture.  It's pretty cool actually.  What
I didn't do was order
nearly enough 'large' sized shirts, so if you'd like one, please let
me know.  If I get enough
to you if it's
possible to do another run.

The road rally we ran on Sunday morning was terrific!  Including the
tire lock-up slide I
managed while I was trying to mental gymnastics computing mileage
while looking at
my odo instead of out through the front windshield.  I'm not sure if
enough people knew
we were going to run a rally, and I wasn't sure I wanted go
either...but after running I was sure
glad I did!  Thanks for all the work that went into that again, Daun.
Jim and I managed to get
within 6 minutes or so and ran 8.5 miles out of our way through some
of the best narrow,
hilly, twisted backroads you'll find outside of PA. (as is common
knowledge, the entire
state of PA is on the side of hill)

It was great fun seeing everyone again this year too, except for the
first 10 seconds
after getting out of the car at 11pm Friday night where I couldn't
remember certain
folks names...yeah, I'm a jerk (as Mike L. likes to remind me).  Some
cool cars as
always (you'll know who you are): rolling smoke machines, a Mk1 callaway turbo
(where was Steve S.?), super clean Texan mk1 16v, 48 Red 16v's out of
54 total cars,
the pretty blue mk1 tow-mobile, yes I do own a scirocoo, "I exploded
a quaifed tranny
with 123hp?", the lightest and hardest mk1 ever, a 16v with factory
cruise, nutty lime
green fatty fat 16v (his car is green too), the craziest
videographer,  the dual square
lighted mk2 16v look is catching on,  the prowler has converted to
quad rounds (cool!),
almost-turbo ABA conversions, and this list goes on and on really.

Was there anyone left that _didn't_ talk with Shawn Meze on Allyn's cell phone?
I wonder if he'll ever make it out to Ohio for one of these gatherings...

Anything else I may or may not remember may or may not be lost in an
inebriated haze.

Any spelling or grammatical errors contained in the message are purely typical.

==Brett