torn flex joint. how to prevent this? 88 16v 1.8l

im about to get my flex joint fixed...again! i plan on
replacing the passenger motor mount as well to prevent
this from happening again.

i also went to new dimension to pick up a chain
embeded exhaust hanger to help pick up the cat area of
the exhaust system. however, the guy over there pulled
out a hanger to use in the muffler area. i explained
my situation but he said that they didnt make anything
for that area. he also added that 16v's were notorious
for ripping their flex joint apart and that the best
way to go was to talk to Techtonics about their
headers and such.

so my question is, does anything exist that will help
prevent my flex/cat area from tearing again?