[OT] pop goes the accumluator

There's a first time for everything.

Tonight my neighbour called me up and said that he found a large spring
underneath his 87 Jetta (CIS) with a metal sleeve or can around one end.
He wanted to know if it was a critical part of the car, or just some piece
of trash that got caught underneath.

I was getting nowhere listening to the description on the phone, so after
the kids were in bed I wandered over and took a look.  It turns out that
the fuel accumulator had rusted and the back end of it blew right off,