any home-made methods for freeing tie-rod?

Need some crude, yet effective options for removing the tie-rod (passenger) from the brake carrier.

I only have a finishing hammer - and while I went ahead and gave it a few whacks, I'd rather continue that route for fear of damaging it.

Looks more and more like I'm going to have buy a puller (I don't want to go to the "tuning fork" route...)

Thanks in advance, JT