Baby seats in a Scirocco???

Greetings -

As far as I can tell (from searching the archives)
this question hasn't been asked before ... kind of an
unusual question - but figured if anyone might know
the answer - that person is likely here!

My husband and I have an 85 scirocco, which we just
love and are lothe to have to part with. We are also
expecting our first baby and are wondering about the
logistics of fitting a baby / car seat into the back
seat of the car.

Does anyone have any experience with installing infant
car seats / after-market LATCH systems (these are the
new baby seat installion systems that new cars come
with) in their scirocco?

Any advice on the topic would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Cynthia Venema