ITB update

I got the car running with the throttle bodies last night.  It's not
very tidy because the fuel lines aren't routed properly and some other
things need mounting/securing (harness, plug wires, ect).  Pulls to
redline without stopping and has a mean sound at idle.

http://www.vwot.org/community/modules.php?set_albumName=albuo65
<http://www.vwot.org/community/modules.php?set_albumName=albuo65&op=modl
oad&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php>
&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

The hardest part was the lower manifold with the flanges.  I had to
learn TIG welding and there was a bunch to fill in on each cylinder to
make a nice oval shape and smooth transition.  I picked up a proper
aluminum die grinder bit and that made cleaning up the ports and weld at
least 5 times faster. Cost about $75CAN but was worth every penny.

I'm going to go swap in my intake cam and change the valve cover.  As
some may know, my 2L bought it on the track at waterfest (busted water
pump, broken piston, bent valve) and the 1.8 that got installed in the
parking lot is a bit rusty looking.

Ben
81 Scirocco 16V EFI ITB