I removed some parts. Did I screwup?

> The cannister holds the fumes from the gas tank. Once you start the car
the
> engine sucks air through the cannister and purges any gas fumes by burning
> them in the engine. This restores the capacity of the cannister.
> I think it's always good to understand how things really work before
> disabling or modifying them.

Sorry but I didn't see anyway that the fumes would be sucked back out into
the motor especially with the way the vacuum lines were set up.  The fumes
would have to go through the vacuum distributor or amplifier which has a
type of booster type rubber diaphram in it (if I remember correctly).  So,
if this was suppose to work dependably then they wouldn't have gas fumes in
contact with rubber.  Sounds like a great theory and you may be right, Dan,
but it doesn't hold water with me.  Sounds like a bunch of theories to make
the environmentalists think we are trying to prevent global warming which
isn't happening.

I believe it's always good to understand how things REALLY work before
disabling or modifying them!

Dave