I removed some parts. Did I screwup?

In Canada we have a mandatory vacuum routing diagram under the hood for
emissions purposes - I expect the US is the same.

I'm a little fuzzy on the exact routing, as it's been some time since my
Scirocco has had this setup, but I think it goes something like this - a
check of the missions sticker can confirm this:

A vacuum-operated check valve (looks like a little flying saucer t'd into
the intake bellows at the throttle body) opens under certain vacuum
conditions (high vacuum - part throttle light load or decel likely.)

When the valve opens, it allows PCV or filtered air to flow through the
large black hoses that run to the charcoal cannister, presumably
collecting any collected gasoline fumes along the way, into the intake.
If I recall correctly, there's a Y in the line to the idle-air boost
selonoid that runs between the bellows on the fuel distributor and the PCV
hose.  All of this lot is interconnected with various little restrictors,
venturis and T's to make it all work reliably, no doubt... :)

The vacuum that operates the check valve is T'd into the distributor's
vacuum advance line.

Does that make the system any cleared than mud?

Drew