I removed some parts. Did I screwup?

> As far as venting fumes to the atmosphere, I figured that they would get
> there eventually when they are vented to a cannister.  What do they expect
> to happen?  Are we supposed to take these things in and have them vented
in
> some controlled environment??   What happens to these things when you get
> rid of your car like take it to a wrecking yard, do they dispose of them
> correctly??  I think it's just one more way for the government to hike up
> the cost of vehicles by requiring these meaningless contraptions to be
> installed on cars when there is no way to dispose of the contents.  Yet
> another environmental catch 22!
>
> Just my opinion!
>
> Dave

The cannister holds the fumes from the gas tank. Once you start the car the
engine sucks air through the cannister and purges any gas fumes by burning
them in the engine. This restores the capacity of the cannister.
I think it's always good to understand how things really work before
disabling or modifying them.