Fan still running killing battery? UPDATE

In a message dated 7/16/2003 12:55:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
smithma7@yahoo.com writes:

<<And a follow up to my comment below:  What's worse on fuel efficiency:  A
rolled down driver's window (I never do the passenger one unless at very low
speeds and not enough air coming in through driver's window) or AC?>>

On our roccos, it seems the A/C sucks a lot of fuel.  But on my Vr6 at
highway speed it is much more efficient with the A/C on than with the window open.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6