Fan still running killing battery? UPDATE

And a follow up to my comment below:  What's worse on fuel efficiency:  A rolled down driver's window (I never do the passenger one unless at very low speeds and not enough air coming in through driver's window) or AC?

Mike (like the fresh air)

Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com> wrote:
AC??? We don't need no stinkin' AC. That's what windows are for.

Mike (likes to sweat)

Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
Update for anyone interested. I did narrow it down to the A/C high pressure
switch. I disconnected it and now the fan does not stay on high when I shut
the A/C off. This really isn't a new problem, it's been happening pretty much
every summer now for a few years. Last year I did the 134 conversion and at
the same time I changed the expansion valve and the dryer. It blows Ice cold.
I do believe the sensor is faulty now, or the system might be overcharged as I
did not use a pressure gauge when I did the conversion, I put in 3 cans. I
don't want to open up the system again just to change this switch so if the
pressure is correct than I will just leave it disconnected. The fan still comes
on when I put the A/C on just not on high anymore.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source