Anyone have Passat Auto-tranny knowledge

It runs from the throttle position sensor on the TB to the
tranny's brainbox under the rear seat, and from there to
the transmission itself.  I'll have to go Bentley digging
to find more though.  When you say you have the "updated"
TB, what do you mean?  They're different between 5-spd and
automatic cars. (5-spd has no provision for the TPS)

It definitely has a TPS.  All I know for sure is that the PO spent 6-700$ on
a new throttle-body from Potterman.
I have the receipt to prove it.

The transmission is shifted by solenoid valves that are
bathed in transmission fluid.  I'm guessing that one for
reverse is sticking.

I really need to change the gear oil!!!!!  Maybe that will help.