Fan still running killing battery? UPDATE

Update for anyone interested.  I did narrow it down to the A/C high pressure
switch. I disconnected it and now the fan does not stay on high when I shut
the A/C off.  This really isn't a new problem, it's been happening pretty much
every summer now for a few years.  Last year I did the 134 conversion and at
the same time I changed the expansion valve and the dryer.  It blows Ice cold.
I do believe the sensor is faulty now, or the system might be overcharged as I
did not use a pressure gauge when I did the conversion, I put in 3 cans.  I
don't want to open up the system again just to change this switch so if the
pressure is correct than I will just leave it disconnected.  The fan still comes
on when I put the A/C on just not on high anymore.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6