[Re: Mk1 Scirocco Center Console Q's]

  First to answer Neal's question, I don't think so. What with the gauge
panel in it, I'm fairly sure it was standard equipment, unlike the bunny-cars. I
tried to find one from a MK1 Scirocco that was the same color as my Rabbit's
interior without any luck.
  Is your car AC or non-AC? My non-AC console sat in a shed for the last few
years so I had to figure the same thing out before driving out to AZ.
  It should only need three screws, one long one that fastens the back of the
console to the floor. The other two screws (maybe an inch long?) secure the
console to the heater box. The holes for those two are near the top of the
console, forward in the space above the gauges. The fun part is lining up the
holes even if you haven't replaced that panel the shifter mounts to.
  One thing to remember is the console fits up to the heater box instead of
setting on the floor like the Rabbit consoles did.
  As for the metal strip attached to the front of the console, you should be
able to get the console back in without removing it.
 HTH,

Carl
77rocco - the ongoing obsessive-dependant relationship, without the guesswork.
03Vue