temp light blinking

In a message dated 7/11/2003 11:00:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
marquez337@yahoo.com writes:

<<Yesterday during my quest for parking, the temp light
was blinking upon starting the engine. The motor was
cold of course and never even warmed up (I got very
lucky w/a spot).

Any ideas whats that about ?>>

It is one of two things.  1. your low on coolant or 2.  The sensor is just
dirty, or faulty.  Number 2 is not uncommon at all.  The sensor is on the top of
the coolant tank.  Clean the crud off and go from there.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6