Mk1 Scirocco Center Console Q's

> A good description? maybe- Mine in my 81 is held in
> place by a screw right before the shifter (between
> the
> shifter and e-brake)

Ok... I think I see how this screw *should* work, but
it doesn't in my car. I replaced the rusty plate for
the shift lever from a junkyard part...I wonder if the
mk2's had a slightly different plate because the
center console hole doesn't want to line-up properly
to the plate. Too bad I threw out the original one!
Oops.

> and then two screws on the
> sides
> right where it meets the dash. Those top ones on
> mine
> screw into the plastic a/c housing (looks kinda like
> dealer install job- but I know it is original on my
> car)

Two screws on EACH side (i.e. 4 total) or one on each
side (2 total)? Are there any that are supposed to
screw into the floor at all?

> did that help?

Yeah! More info than I had before. Thanks Mark!

Neal