Mk1 Scirocco Center Console Q's

--- Neal Tovsen <nealtovsen@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Was there ever a Mk1 Scirocco that did NOT have a
> center console? I know there were a few Rabbits that
> did not have them.
>
> Anybody got a description or some good pictures of
> how
> the center console is supposed to mount in the car?
> My
> car was torn apart when I got it, and I can't seem
> figure out how it goes back in properly.
>
> Neal
> '77 G60

A good description? maybe- Mine in my 81 is held in
place by a screw right before the shifter (between the
shifter and e-brake) and then two screws on the sides
right where it meets the dash. Those top ones on mine
screw into the plastic a/c housing (looks kinda like a
dealer install job- but I know it is original on my
car)

did that help?

no? (i'm not suprised)

=====