[Back-up switch]

Ok then, here's another question:  I know that the opening on the left front bottom corner of the airbox is for air to come in.  I had the tube at one time, not sure if I still do, as I have moved since.  Below the battery, there's two more openings that go into some black plastic thing.  While under the cat the other day doing an oil change, I looked at it and it looks like this thing is where the tube from the airbox connects, so as to get cold air from under the radiator.  Am I correct?

I wish my ETKA would arrive, as it would sure help with the pics.  :)

Mike

Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:
The CIS-E distributor/airbox assembly should be held down by two little pegs
at the front, if you take the battery out, I bet you'll see the two holes they
slide into, right down where the bottom/back of the battery would be. So if it
isn't seated into them properly, it'll move a bit, but it's pretty wedged in
there, I doubt it could go very far! So if it's loose, just line up the pegs
to the holes and slide the airbox forward to seat them.
Any other questions, fire 'em my way, this switch I've done, and feel I can
help with! Cathy

Mike Smith wrote:
> OK. I have the switch. I have found where it needs to go. I have big
hands. The switch is located underneath my CIS-E. (I have 16v). I haven't
really tried to get in there yet, as I don't want to get that messy just
trying to see if I fit in there. Will I need to remove the CIS-E or is the
back-up switch accessable without moving the CIS-E? If I need to move it, how
do I do so. I've been looking through Bentley and I have yet to come across
an area where it discusses this. Also, my CIS-E moves quite a bit, as if it's
not mounted at all, although I can't pull it out, just move it around. This
should not be so, eh?

> Any and all insight into getting at the back-up switch and seating the CIS-E
properly would be much appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Mike
> Mars Red '86 16v

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source