Water Temp explained (with mix chart) Was: Stubborn oil temps!(help)

Easier explained with numbers (Source : Back label Antifreeze Bottle)

type of mix               freeze point   boil-over
70% Antifreeze/30% Water  -84F/-65C      276F/136C
60% Antifreeze/40% Water  -62F/-52C      270F/132C
50% Antifreeze/50% Water  -34F/-37C      265F/130C

Now explained with quantative values y'all are able to use this chart
according to your weather/environment changes.

I am in Texas, the winters are rarely below freezing point (32F/0C) and
summers temp run (90-120F/33C-49C), I always have used 50/50% mix, and my
temperature on my car after installing a new radiator, a twin fan, low temp
thermostat and temp switch with a new water pump and hoses, sticks dead on
84-88'C, now I can tell you my water temp because the digifiz reports
graphical bars that actually have values that can be read. (range on gauge
is 60-136'C/50-276F).

In parallel to previous conversation, this same car with new oil pump, and
using Euro GTi Oil flange and Volvo 640 External oil cooler, runs temps from
95-111 (usually sits around 105'F) depending how much I push it (read, fast
the car is traveling on the road)

I flushed the radiator on my daily driver, original water pump (installed 4
years ago, radiator was changed 4 years ago hoses are tired and stock temp
thermostat and switch and fan... the car runs spot on LED on highway, in
traffic, sits atop it.

Again in parallel the oil temp runs 110-130'F pretty constant. (which I am
about to swap out the oil pump oem, for a 36mm hub oil pump (higher volume
pump) and I have flushed an extra oil heat exchange box to be exchanged with
oem one. (Ill let you know how much change this causes)

besides once you hit 124+ degrees on your gauge (when the warning led
blinks), only a very fast reflex (and I have been in that situation, and
many will concur) of turning engine over and pulling over the side of the
road will prevent it from reaching boil over points...and even then most
times, its boils over anyways.

the oil temp is not directly relative to the water temp, yes it is affected
by the oem oil heat exchange box, and if you are using it and the car is
warm, options are, change oil pump, flush the oil exchanger box (dip in for
2-3 hrs in CHem-12 cleaner), or add a sandwich plate with external oil
cooler.

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco