Stubborn oil temps! (help)

>From what I've read, Al's advice is worth noting.

Larry
sandiego16v
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Allyn
  To: Robbie Cotner ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 6:00 PM
  Subject: Re: Stubborn oil temps! (help)

  get rid of the orange crap, now (it doesnt play nice with our seals).
  also, use a 20-30% antifreeze mix. the closer to 50/50 you get, the hotter
  it will run (as well as oil temps). i took the rieger from 110c oil temp at
  50/50 mix to low 100c at 25/75 mix. as long as the temperature is warm
  enough to get away with it, go for it. also, that 20% antifreeze is there to
  minimize corrosion, dont go lower than that number.
  Al