Stubborn oil temps! (help)

Yeah, mine is similar.  The oil temp usually runs about 120c, with the coolant above the LED.  However, when stuck in traffic heading home, the coolant will go pretty high, almost to the white marker at the top.  Once I start moving it cools again.  I've also seen the oil temp go almost to the red at times in the past BER (before engine rebuild), but now it seems to be fairly constant.  I was wondering if that was normal temp area, and after reading some of the replies to this, it seems to be the case.

Mike

Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com> spat:
Hey all,
on the highway my car runs 110-115C(with 4K trans, 4000rpm@75mph) oil temps. The water needle is usually at or above the LED. Yesterday I super-flushed my cooling system(found lots of crap), backflushed the radiator(found it was clogged with a heavy-duty paper towel!), added a low temp thermostat and fan-switch, added prestone orange coolant(40/60), some new hoses, and put on a new expansion tank cap. Now on the highway the top of the coolant needle barely touches the LED, an improvement, but my oil temps are THE SAME. Changing the oil and filter didn't help either. It seems no matter what I do, my temps are always 110 and my cooling system doesn't affect the oil at all. Any ideas?

-Rob

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source