Bad transfer pump symptoms?

when my transfer pump went the car ran fine for the first few minutes/miles.
after a few miles the car would start to jerk and sputter from lack of fuel,
and the main pump would start to buzz really loudly. the car would then
stall and not start again for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. once restarted
symptoms would start all over again. hth

So Sayeth The Hitman
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco
'91 passat gl "the green hell"
<http://www.techography.net:82/brettsgarage>