[Re: FS and a ?]

Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- Rhett Farnum <rocco_crossing@hotmail.com> wrote:
> OK, heres my question. My seats will not adjust fwd and back, I would
> like =

> to remove them. I believe they need to be slid to the rear and lifted
> out. =

> Correct? If not Please let me know. TIA

A lot of times the grease in the tracks dries out and becomes like
glue.  A little Liquid Wrench or similar will soften it enough to free
the seat in its tracks.  Also, sometimes pens and candy etc. get stuck
in there as well, so check for that.  Clean thoroughly before
reinstallation.

To remove, undo the nut and bolt on the front center guide and slide
all the way backwards.  You may have plastic covers on your inboard
tracks, remove them if so.  =

Also, it may help to change the tilt of the seat bottom. My DS seat will =
not
slide easily in some positions (musta had a  heavy PO who bent the seat
frame). If it still doesn't move, Mr Hammer may be helpful, but it should=
 go
back far enough to release it from that middle front track, then you're
laughing. And get replacements for the nylon end pieces that slide in the=

track (on the seat), and there should also be a whitish rubbery piece up =
near
that nut you take off at the front (on the floor by that spring loaded
mechanism). They help keep things from wobbling around. =

Happy wrestling, it'll be easy once they come out the first time. Hopeful=
ly
you find some cash under there!
Cathy