[so does this guy own my Sciroccos now?]

Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --------------------------------------------- =

>	MIME Type:=A0multipart/alternative =

> --------------------------------------------- =

hey all, I have two Sciroccos that I'm storing on a friends fathers farm.=
dropped them off there in June 2002, and said I would have them out of th=
ere
by fall.  Well fall came, and I still didn't have any place to put them. =

Through a quite frictional agreement, he said I could keep them there ove=
r the
winter.  I offered to pay him, but he declined.  Well it's been a few mon=
ths
since the agreement, and winter is still not over, but hes now saying tha=
they've been on his property 90 days and he's thinking about selling them=
 and
keeping the money himself, something about how after 90 days they became =
his
legally- I have heard something about people having the right to do that
somewhere-  so I'm asking does he own my cars now and can he sell them? =

Thanks-  I do have the titles for the cars btw-

-Rob

Local law may allow for a claim of ownership of an abandoned vehicle, but=
 if
you offered to pay him, I don't see how he could say they were abandoned.=
 I'd
check it out legally, or sweet talk him till you can get them out of ther=
e. In
some areas, ownership can be claimed after a car has been abandoned, I kn=
ow
someone who acquired two free parts cars by careful observation for the
required time period (but they were crappy old Fords).
Cathy