[so does this guy own my Sciroccos now?]

<P><BR>In order to retitle those cars he would have to contact you and ok it that he can have ownership of the vehicles. This is in Iowa because I was looking at possibly getting a non-titled car last yr. This is a huge PITA!(to do the contacting and ect.)<BR><BR>Peace Out, </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Rhett
<DIV></DIV>Rocco_crossing
<DIV></DIV>'83 Rocco (autocross ready, body work needed, starting this tommorrow)
<DIV></DIV>'92 Olds Cutlass Ciera (DD)
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Cathy Boyko <LOSINIT@USA.NET>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: Robbie Cotner <ROBW_Z@YAHOO.COM>, <SCIROCCO-L@SCIROCCO.ORG>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [so does this guy own my Sciroccos now?]
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:29:29 -0500
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Robbie Cotner <ROBW_Z@YAHOO.COM>wrote:
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; ---------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Attachment:&nbsp;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; MIME Type:&nbsp;multipart/alternative
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; ---------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;hey all, I have two Sciroccos that I'm storing on a friends fathers farm. I
<DIV></DIV>&gt;dropped them off there in June 2002, and said I would have them out of there
<DIV></DIV>&gt;by fall. Well fall came, and I still didn't have any place to put them.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Through a quite frictional agreement, he said I could keep them there over the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;winter. I offered to pay him, but he declined. Well it's been a few months
<DIV></DIV>&gt;since the agreement, and winter is still not over, but hes now saying that
<DIV></DIV>&gt;they've been on his property 90 days and he's thinking about selling them and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;keeping the money himself, something about how after 90 days they became his
<DIV></DIV>&gt;legally- I have heard something about people having the right to do that
<DIV></DIV>&gt;somewhere- so I'm asking does he own my cars now and can he sell them?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Thanks- I do have the titles for the cars btw-
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-Rob
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Local law may allow for a claim of ownership of an abandoned vehicle, but if
<DIV></DIV>&gt;you offered to pay him, I don't see how he could say they were abandoned. I'd
<DIV></DIV>&gt;check it out legally, or sweet talk him till you can get them out of there. In
<DIV></DIV>&gt;some areas, ownership can be claimed after a car has been abandoned, I know
<DIV></DIV>&gt;someone who acquired two free parts cars by careful observation for the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;required time period (but they were crappy old Fords).
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Cathy
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Scirocco-l mailing list