New to list: Kinda Long

> Jeff Southerland wrote:
>
> My name is Jeff, and I am kinda new to the list. I joined about six
> weeks ago and have been mostly just reading. I just wanted to say
> hello and have a few questions. Please forgive me if they have been
> answered before. I have a '79 and have begun the resto/update and
> need some info.
>
> 1) I found some green plaid seats and need to know if any were made
> that were height adjustable. The price for the complete set is $250
> USD, is that fair? I have not seen these yet, just need to know if
> they are worth the time, or not.

If they aren't out of a Rocc I don't think they are height adjustable.
That said some folks have swapped the lower portion of the adjustable
seats over to the good portions of the 'newer' seats.

> 2) I want to paint my brake components and would like some pros and
> cons. Any experiences would be appreciated.

Like the others mentioned you can get hi-temp caliper paint from your
FLAPS.
I like the quiet colors like black myself.

> 3) I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with the
> "squareness" of an engine-- longer stoke vs bigger bore.

Classic case is the tall block 2.0 8v vs the Audi 3A bubble block. The
former is a longer stroking motor than the latter. What about it?

> I'll stop here for now, cause this is getting a little long.
> Thanks again for any and all help. Jeff

Aint too long yet. Keep typing.

TBerk
Oh, & Welcome.