Low power... revisited

Mine's getting gradually worse, too.  Maybe when I turn the car off then on again, the voltage spike gives the pump a kick in the rear it needs.  Did yours run fine occasionally, too?
Did it seem to run normal except for the loss of power (no stuttering or anything like that?)
I thought fuel pump, but it just seems strange that it would go so soon (about 50,000 miles).  Anyone have an opinion on this?
Thanks, I appreciate your help in the matter.
Ryan H.