Low power... revisited

Could be a main fuel pump on the way out, I had that a few months ago. The
car almost felt like it had a rev limiter at 4k, it gradualy got worse until
I replaced the pump. HTH
Anson

Sorry, forgot to mention, no cat (TT race downpipe).

 > hows the cat?
 > a plugged exhaust system will do that.
 > Brian
 >
 > On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Ryan H wrote:
 >
 > > It's been a while, and I still can't figure out my problem.  I was
hoping maybe someone could come up with a few more ideas.  Symptoms: car
runs fine for a while, then suddenly loses power (won't rev past 4K), as in
no timing advance.  A few times, it actually died, leading me to believe
it's a fuel problem.  The thing is, every fuel component is less than 40K
miles old, even the fuel distributor.  The only thing is the injectors, but
I've had several tanks of Jectron to no avail.  Seems electrical anyway - no
stuttering.
 > > Also, shutting the car off then on fixes this, and so does bogging the
engine by slipping the clutch in first gear with the brake on a little.  As
of recent, I suspected the coil, thermoswitch, or fuel computer, but why
would nearly stalling the engine fix whatever problem I have?
 > > Any ideas appreciated... other car facts:
 > > New ignition distrib & cap, new plugs & wires, new knock sensor & box,
new O2 sensor, new coolant temp sensor, new fuel filter (generic, though),
hall sender not snapped or leaking oil