slightly OT: need vw ID help

There was a bus pickup... here are some pictures of it to see if this
is what you saw:
http://www.angelfire.com/zine/vw/page6.html

in addition.. here is the base link:
http://www.angelfire.com/zine/vw/page1.html
which includes a history of the bus(transporter) that might clue you
in to what years it was done..
I am sure there are better links out there.. but this is what google
came up with quickly.

the dune buggy SUV looking thing was probably a VW thing.. here is
a picture of one I found on the web to see if it fits what you saw:
http://ux1.cts.eiu.edu/~csjdn/newpage1.htm

> I was in Denver on Sunday, well Englewood to be exact and right
off Hampden Ave. is the vw center of the universe. It seemed every
driveway or curbside had a vw in front of it. Ton's of old bugs in all
different colors, lots of vanagons and westfalia's, some jettas, old
buses, ect (no sciroccos tho). I think there may have been one of
those military vehiclse Eric wants, but it was under a tarp a kind of
hard to tell. There was 3 vws though that I didn't recognize so I was
hoping you guys could clue me in. First was what looked like an old
vw bus with the space for the back seat area cut out and turned as
about the length and width of my rocc. Lastly, this one I've seen
before but can't remember. It looked sort of like a cross between a
dune buggy and an early SUV. It sat up pre > > Dan > >