performance exhaust options?

can you use a resonator from a gaz engine on a diesel ?
As for 2.25" on an 8v, I have done that from the downpip to the rear, it
does improve alot of the powerband.
I removed the resonator myself.. I like it when the engine growls when I
floor it, I just cant wait for the 2L to be there to growl a little louder.
I decided aginst big name bands, too much money for what it is worth, I when
to a shop that does custom muffler and they did from downpipe to rear
including the muffler (already had the 5,9L ford cat, muffler being a nice
thru-flow muffer) for less than 200$ all isntalled like I wanted it, the
guys at AAA mufflers where geniuingly inetrested in my ideas, and were a
blast to work with.