performance exhaust options?

It's the season for upgrades for the TD Scirocco, and exhaust is on the
short list.  Currently I'm running a custom downpipe that has a 1.75"
outlet into a straight pipe which runs back to a stock 8V over-axle pipe.
>From there it runs into a 2.25" "tip" that's about 24" long (in place of a
rear muffler.)  It's a little loud under hard acceleration, but the turbo
keeps things relatively quiet most of the time.

My goal is to increase the entire system's diameter to 2.25".  I like the
idea of using a stock centre pipe from a 16V (or the equivalent from a
performance cat-back system)  The mid muffler will give me some silencing,
and then I can continue to use a straight pipe behind the axle.

What would people recommend for this piece?  Do systems like Techtonics
sell only the centre pipe, or are they kits that include the muffler?  Any
anecdotes about fitment and build quality would be appreciated.

Drew (84 Turbo Diesel Scirocco Wolfsburg Ed)