Inner wheel wells, and things

Early rabbits were without those, and trust me on this, were really prone to
rust.

Steering rack has to be centered, and both tie rods the exact same distance
from the center of the rack so there is no rubbing. My '83 used to rub tires
on one side until a competent shop did the alignement.

Proper alignment includes centering the rack first, then aligning both front
wheels one at a time. Then center the steering wheel if needed. For this of
course you need to have the fixed lenght tie rod (left or right, I don't
remember, left) replaced.

Lazy shops will set the left wheel at the correct position using the
steering wheel on the jig, then will ajust the right wheel to the correct
specs.

One easy way to find this out, is to center the wheels, then turn left until
it stops. Make a note of how far the steering wheel turns. Then turn right
until the wheel stops. Make a note of how far the steering wheel turns. The
steering wheel needs to turn left the exact same amount of degrees as it
does right.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco