Back from Detroit show

--part1_8c.224f6650.2b53b932_boundary

Just made it home from a 1500+ round trip to NAIAS. Only managed to get
pulled over 2 times by the mobile bill collectors and one of them I skated
with a warning for 12 over.  I was in my "new" 83 GTI and the guy gave me the
sarcastic "nice exhaust, kinda loud isnt it". He also made a comment "83,
whats this thing got like 300,000,000 miles on it"
Also had a near miss with an 18 wheeler about an hour into our trip. We were
driving along at about 2AM when I look to the left and see a rig dip into the
ditch and head straight for us, I went to the far right and the truck passes
right by as I am on the rumble strips. He continues on like nothing happend
for almost a mile (on the wrong side of a divided highway!!) then I finally
see him hit his hazzards as another car passes him head on i guess he woke up
and figured it out.
Notable new cars seen were the STI ,EVO ,R32 and Ferrari. The Suzuki Huyabusa
powered roadster was pretty wild and they had 3 monster garage cars there
also.
I have some pics and hope to get them up next weekend. Of course the people
watching was great also.

Jasin

--part1_8c.224f6650.2b53b932_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Just made it home from a 1500+ round trip to NAIAS. Only managed to get pulled over 2 times by the mobile bill collectors and one of them I skated with a warning for 12 over. &nbsp;I was in my "new" 83 GTI and the guy gave me the sarcastic "nice exhaust, kinda loud isnt it". He also made a comment "83, whats this thing got like 300,000,000 miles on it" &nbsp;
<BR>Also had a near miss with an 18 wheeler about an hour into our trip. We were driving along at about 2AM when I look to the left and see a rig dip into the ditch and head straight for us, I went to the far right and the truck passes right by as I am on the rumble strips. He continues on like nothing happend for almost a mile (on the wrong side of a divided highway!!) then I finally see him hit his hazzards as another car passes him head on i guess he woke up and figured it out.
<BR>Notable new cars seen were the STI ,EVO ,R32 and Ferrari. The Suzuki Huyabusa powered roadster was pretty wild and they had 3 monster garage cars there also.
<BR>I have some pics and hope to get them up next weekend. Of course the people watching was great also.
<BR>
<BR>Jasin</FONT></HTML>

--part1_8c.224f6650.2b53b932_boundary--