WTB: 16V Fuel Computer (do these go bad?)

I don't think that it's completely bad, just acting strange... my timing is being pulled from me heavily - thought it was an ignition problem and replaced just about the entire ignition system (knock system, too).  Then one day it actually lost ALL power (as in the headlights were on because the engine was running still, but the car rolled to a stop even floored in first gear - not a sound to it).  So, I think the timing might be pulled because of a fuel problem.  Thing is, the car has relatively new fuel pump, accumulator, filter, and fuel distributor.  No stuttering, just goes from good power to very low power like switching on the AC (only much worse).