Brake problems in a 16v Conversion (85 Cabriolet)

Rabbit16v wrote:

> Yeah, make sure the calipers are right side up!!  If you have A2 calipers it
> is really easy to accidently install them like rear discs are installed on a
> 16v scirocco which is wrong.  They need to be intalled with the bleeder at
> the top of the caliper.
>
> Dave

While 16v calipers will allow for transplant with nipple up the later
donors require the caliper be swapped to the opposite side, which then
has the bleeder pointing downwards.

There was (in the last few days) a message, either in the water-cooled
newsgroup or on VW vortex (8v, hybrid, A1 Golf/Jetta- I forget) about
a special procedure to get _all_ the air out of the rear calipers.

TBerk