Brake problems in a 16v Conversion (85 Cabriolet)

I had a similar experience when I tried to put on a set of Passat read disk
cals.  It seems they are slightly different.  I forgot which number was on
the back, but all I remember now is to stay away from the Passat read disks.

They way I found it was to disconnect the rear break lines and cap them
off.  so all you have is fluid traveling to the front brakes.  Found the
thing grabbed great on the front but the pressure was just something in the
back cals that caused the pedal to hit the floor.

Good luck.