Brake problems in a 16v Conversion (85 Cabriolet)

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C2B9AB.A6EFBA30

    I am in need of some brake diagnosis help. The car in question is a =
1985 Cabriolet with a full 16v conversion- motor, tranny, all wiring, =
brakes, MC, booster, pedal cluster, rear disk axle beam, exhaust, etc. =
Esentially it is a complete Scirocco 16v transplanted into a Cabriolet.
    The brakes have no pedal - it goes all the way to the floor. The =
front brakes are off of a running/driving 16v Scirocco (new pads, and =
rotors), the rear is a scirocco axle beam, and A3 calipers (brand new, =
new pads, new rotors, etc). The car also has a new 22mm Corrado MC. I =
first tried bleeding the brakes with my Motive power bleeder- starting =
at the rear PS, with the A3 caliper removed from the stub axle so that I =
could bleed it with the nipple facing corrrectly, as not to induce air =
into the system. from there moving on to the DS rear, PS front, and then =
DS front. The brakes bleed great, all air seems to be evacuated, and =
then when I get in the car....WTF?!?!? no pedal. I tried replacing the =
MC with another new one (this time a german ATE instead of an Italian =
made one), to the same result. I tried replacing the booster with =
another, same result. Always bleeds fine, but still no pedal. I have =
even tried bleeding it manually, but no go. I used all new or known good =
parts to avoid problems, but no luck. I even connected all the lines =
without the proportioning valves , just to see if it made any =
difference. I would appreciate any and all input on the matter, as I =
would really like to get the car out of my garage to move another =
project inside.....(1988 Scirocco 16v , 47k original miles, white, no =
sunroof, manual window/lock, cloth /vinyl, 1 lady owner, =
nonsmoker....)......help please. I can make em run, just not having much =
luck in stopping this thing....

Jeffrey W. Bynum

   =20

---
------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C2B9AB.A6EFBA30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am in need of some =
brake=20
diagnosis help. The car in question is a 1985 Cabriolet with a full 16v=20
conversion- motor, tranny, all wiring, brakes, MC, booster, pedal =
cluster, rear=20
disk axle beam, exhaust, etc. Esentially it is a complete Scirocco 16v=20
transplanted into a Cabriolet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The brakes have no =
pedal - it=20
goes all the way to the floor. The front brakes are off of a =
running/driving=20
16v&nbsp;Scirocco (new pads, and rotors), the rear is a scirocco axle =
beam, and=20
A3 calipers (brand new, new pads, new rotors, etc). The car also has a =
new 22mm=20
Corrado MC. I first tried bleeding the brakes with my Motive power =
bleeder-=20
starting at the rear PS, with the A3 caliper removed from the stub axle =
so that=20
I could bleed it with the nipple facing corrrectly, as not to induce air =
into=20
the system. from there moving on to the DS rear, PS front, and then DS =
front.=20
The brakes bleed great, all air seems to be evacuated, and then when I =
get in=20
the car....WTF?!?!? no pedal. I tried replacing the MC with another new =
one=20
(this time a german ATE instead of an Italian made one), to the same =
result. I=20
tried replacing the booster with another, same result. Always bleeds =
fine, but=20
still no pedal. I have even tried bleeding it manually, but no go. I =
used all=20
new or known good parts to avoid problems, but no luck. I even connected =
all the=20
lines without the proportioning valves , just to see&nbsp;if it made any =

difference. I would appreciate any and all input on the matter, as I =
would=20
really like to get the car out of my garage to move another project=20
inside.....(1988 Scirocco 16v&nbsp;, 47k original miles, white, no =
sunroof,=20
manual window/lock, cloth /vinyl, 1 lady owner, nonsmoker....)......help =
please.=20
I can make em run, just not having much luck in stopping this=20
thing....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jeffrey W. Bynum</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified =
Virus=20
Free.<BR>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (<A=20
href=3D"http://www.grisoft.com";>http://www.grisoft.com</A>).<BR>Version: =
6.0.443 /=20
Virus Database: 248 - Release Date: 1/10/2003</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C2B9AB.A6EFBA30--