Brake problems in a 16v Conversion (85 Cabriolet)

You mean the one thats been there for at least a year and a half.. you=20
Finnally went out and got it...
And check the pin on the pedal cluster.
brian

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Jeffrey W. Bynum wrote:

> Brian,
>     Not to rub it in, but guess where the Scirocco came from? It was trad=
ed in at Lewisville VW (North of Dallas). I have a sister that was living i=
n Little Elm at the time. So I had the car taken to her house until I could=
 pick it up.....
>=20
> Jeff
>=20
>   ----- Original Message -----=20
 a 1985 Cabriolet with a full 16v conversion- motor, tranny, all wiring, br=
akes, MC, booster, pedal cluster, rear disk axle beam, exhaust, etc. Esenti=
ally it is a complete Scirocco 16v transplanted into a Cabriolet.
>         The brakes have no pedal - it goes all the way to the floor. The =
front brakes are off of a running/driving 16v Scirocco (new pads, and rotor=
s), the rear is a scirocco axle beam, and A3 calipers (brand new, new pads,=
 new rotors, etc). The car also has a new 22mm Corrado MC. I first tried bl=
eeding the brakes with my Motive power bleeder- starting at the rear PS, wi=
th the A3 caliper removed from the stub axle so that I could bleed it with =
the nipple facing corrrectly, as not to induce air into the system. from th=
ere moving on to the DS rear, PS front, and then DS front. The brakes bleed=
 great, all air seems to be evacuated, and then when I get in the car....WT=
F?!?!? no pedal. I tried replacing the MC with another new one (this time a=
 german ATE instead of an Italian made one), to the same result. I tried re=
placing the booster with another, same result. Always bleeds fine, but stil=
l no pedal. I have even tried bleeding it manually, but no go. I used all n=
ew or known good parts to avoid problems, but no luck. I even connected all=
 the lines without the proportioning valves , just to see if it made any di=
fference. I would appreciate any and all input on the matter, as I would re=
ally like to get the car out of my garage to move another project inside...=
=2E.(1988 Scirocco 16v , 47k original miles, white, no sunroof, manual wind=
ow/lock, cloth /vinyl, 1 lady owner, nonsmoker....)......help please. I can=
 make em run, just not having much luck in stopping this thing....