Dumb Brake question

Well, I have had a set of 10.1 brakes sitting in the garage forever.  So I
finally decided to put them on the Mk1.  Unfortunately when I pulled them
out of the box, it seems that the pistons had slid out for some reason.
Guess a gravity does work :)

So my question is how do you get the pistons back into the caliper?  Just
vice it in?  I tried pushing by hand and there is no way it is going in.
The pistons are fine. Nice and shiny and smooth.  The seals look good
(guess I will find out when I get them back together).

Any suggestions?

TIA

Cory Langford
'86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
'79 Cheap Ass turbo daily driver - Restore in progress...
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage