[Question for all those with a 16v 2.0 block and 16v 1.8 head]

Ok, just got off the phone with Collin at TT and he faxed me the flow charts
of three different 16v heads (2.0L, 1.8L, and TT 16v).  Below is the exact
wording on this flyer (that was sent out with catalogs quite some time ago):

Airflow testing of intake ports of three different 16v cylinder heads show
the 1.8L in its standard form out flows the 2.0L version (intake charts).
At this point they go into how the TT head flows and what they did to
increas the flow.  The amount that the 1.8l outflows the 2.0L is about 10
cfm.

Same three heads as the above test, but this time we are testing the exhaust
ports.  The same rules apply (increase the flow without increasing the
diameter of the port).  Notice the 2.0L exhaust port was better than the 1.8
by a fair amount.  The TT street port head flowed even better than we hoped
with gains of over 30%.

The chart shows that the 2.0L head flows about 15cfm better on the exhaust
than the 1.8.

Overal is that the 2.0L head flows better than the 1.8L head.  Albeit by a
very small amount but still better.

Lastly, Collin said himself, that the 2.0L head is much easier to work with
when porting and said that the 2.0L head has more potential.

All that said, since we are all porting and messing with our heads, the
stock form is irrelevant.  BUT, what isn't irrelevant is that the 2.0L head
is a bette base to start with having more potential and being a newer
casting with newer everything.

If anyone wants this chart I can email it to them.  Or, better yet, whoever
is in charge of the Scirocco.org site can get together with Collin and get a
real copy sent to them.  My faxed copy isn't necessarily website worthy.

HTH!!

Dave