ok guys, whats your opinions on the autotech and techtonics valvesprings????

Benjamin Harder wrote:

> I can verify that there have been cases of failed TT valve springs...
> unfortunately, our own KC knows about this... sorry Kevin.

> I think that TT has resolved this issue by now, but I'm not sure I would
> bet on it.

Indeed I was a victim.. as was local 'roccer Tnesh (non-lister), and at
least 3-4 other Ron Wood customers.  The problem was very real.  TT
chose NOT to handle it very well however, offering only a set of their
own (very possibly still defective) valve springs as compensation - no
willingness to cover any labor cost or incidentals, despite the fact
that lots of them were shattering and there clearly was a problem.

This goes back close to 2 years now so I suspect the "bad batch" has
since been weeded out, and in all likelihood they don't even use the
same supplier.  At one point they were simply selling diesel springs as
"high performance" springs, but apparently they had switched to
something else before all the hoo-ha started.

Ron managed to get me a refund for my bad set because he's tight with
Darrell and Collin. but I'm the only one I'm aware of that got $$ back
rather than more questionable product.  No more TT springs for me, I
went with Schrick (at huge extra expense).

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA