ok guys, whats your opinions on the autotech and techtonics valve springs????

I can't comment on the springs as I haven't gotten the money to=
 tear into the top end of my engine yet, but I do have an=
 adjustable cam gear. It's not the Schrick though, it's the=
 Autotech one (which is the one I think you're talking about,=
 because it's called a "vernier" pulley).

It's really nice. A lot lighter than the stock one. It's made by=
 Quaife, for Autotech. It's a really sturdy design. It looks=
 really nice as well. Adjustment is 1.5 degree intervals, which=
 is plenty. It will adjust as much as you want, but the valves=
 and tops of the pistons might not like it if you go too far :)

The only thing I didn't like is that the center piece that=
 actually touches the cam is steel, which means it can rust. But=
 because it's steel, you don't have to worry about it breaking or=
 bending, or falling off the cam because of different heat=
 expansion cycles and such.

Definitely worth the price in my opinion. I got mine from Peter=
 (thescirocco).

Joshua

i am hearing all kinds of stuff about the techtonics valves=
 springs
shattering. and i hear that the autotech valve springs are from=
 schrick.  any
info on the subject of these and any info on the schrick vernier=
 cam gear
would be great.  thanks, L.J.