From: Ron Pieper [mailto:rapieper@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 3:19 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Quite OT: NYTimes.com Article: TV Ads Say S.U.V. Owners
Support Terrorists

--- Neal Tovsen <nealtovsen@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I thought I'd post this since it has been a hot issue
> in the past. Whether you agree with it or not, it sure
> does make you think, eh?

It makes me think that the fucking liberals running the media, esp. the
NYT, have scary power.

WHY didn't they start their bitching when PICKUP TRUCKS - certainly
higher fuel consumers than SUV's - became the largest selling passenger
vehicles in the US?  I sell a hell of a lot more empty bed pickups than
I do one passenger SUVs.  Tell me *they* are more practical and consume
less fuel per man-mile!  Ha!  This is a typical liberal-dumbocrat
selective attack.

And *we* can't talk either.  Outside of Drew, name one of us who
SPECIFICALLY aimed and succeeded at making his/her car *more* fuel
efficient and less polluting?  Who drives conservatively?  All I see is
no cat, big engine swap, 0-60 and 1/4 mile times...I'll offer that it's
hypocritical for us to agree with this NYT crap.

Freedom of choice, keep the government OUT of my wallet and OUT of my
garage.