3rd Brake light rattle

Hello List.

My 3rd brake light in my 88 16v is making more noise then my=
 entire dash.  I'm thinking about using some foam tape to shut it=
 up but while sitting here at work I thought maybe there is a way=
 to adjust it.  So since my bently is at home and I can't go look=
 at the car right now, does anyone know of a way to adjust that=
 damn thing or is it best to use foam tape or something of that=
 nature.  Don't want to use any glue's as they tend to be messy=
 in general and some fog the glass.

As always, the help is appreciated.

William Snyder

88 Scirocco 16v