Turning Rocc into an Azteca :o)

I'm thinking about doing a pretty crazy mod.  I want to completely gut the
back of my rocc, including the rear seats so that the entire back is the
width of the car and is all flat so I would lay down custom bed liner to
make it look stock instead of gutted.  Then I want to convert the back and
make a tail gate so I would lift the hatch then lower the tailgate to easily
roll in mountain bikes.  :o) (hence, it would be like an azteca but nice
looking)

I just went out and looked at my car for a while and think it could be done.
Basically I would cut by following the lines that go around the rear lights
and go down to the bumper, install hinges and some sort of rubber seal.
Then I would have a metal backing put over the inside of the tailgate so it
covers and protects the lights.  Anyway, I think I could do this but here is
a question.

What would this do to my structural integrity?  When the hatch was closed I
would think it would be ok because everything would be clamped into place
but who knows.  Also, will there be any structural problems from gutting the
back and taking out the sides where the rear speakers and trunk board sit?

Also, do you think this sounds as cool as I do?  I may try it on my Rabbit
first.

Network Administrator -- -               ||    \----._________.----/
Compliance Services Intl. -- -- --       ||     / ,'   `---'
Phone: (253) 272-6345  - - -- -- --    __||_,--'  -._
www.complianceservices.com  --- - --  /___          ||(-