From: Ron Pieper [mailto:rapieper@yahoo.com]=20
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 4:31 AM
To: Ken B; List
Subject: Re: Car Books

I have and recommend:
+Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management by Charles Pobst (a Bentley
book)
+How to Make Your Car Handle by Fred Puhn (not VW specific)
+Engineer To Win by Carroll Smith, but this is very race car specific
+Power Secrets by Smokey Yunick but this is very Chevy small block
specific
+Secrets of Solo Racing by Henry Watts (only for autox and solo I).=20
Wow.

OK:
=3DHow to Tune and Modify Bosch Fuel Injection by Ben Watson (not great,
not bad, not necessary if you have the Pobst book)

I have and am not in love with:
-The Raven book
-The Schroder book

The main reason that I don't love the Schroder and Raven books is that
they offer tons of choices but little in opinions.  They lay out every
mod on a big smorgasbord but seem to avoid trying to piss off suppliers
by avoiding statements like "don't buy XYZ's whatzit, use ABC's instead
BECAUSE..." =20

Between the two, the Schoeder book is a better IIRC because it breaks
down choices for certain uses, like street, autox, IT, etc.

Best prices have always been at alldirect.com in my experience.

HTH

Ron