where to sell parts?

--0-1502527000-1041527274=:64865

IMO, posting a "heads-up, I have some parts for sale" message here before you list them on the .org, Vortex, Ebay, etc., gives the listers the first crack at them and takes very little bandwidth if you instruct them to contact you off-list...
That kind of preferential treatment tends to reward the active listers (which I think it should).
My $0.02....Happy New Year everyone!
JT
 Jeff Hates Spam <j-dubbya@sc.rr.com> wrote:(Skip to the next paragraph to avoid sappiness) It's been nearly 2 years since I last subscribed to this list, and it's damned heartening to see that it's still going strong, and that there are so many familiar faces (well, e-mail addresses).  Owners of other marques should be so lucky! Under threat of physical violence from my spouse, I traded my beloved '82 GL (and lots of equally beloved cash, and freedom from debt) for a 2001.5 Passat.  I'm generally happy with the new car (don't get me started about the dealership, though), but have still kept my garage stocked with 'rocco spares, "just in case."  The threats are starting anew, and I can see as where I'd better get to doing something about it. So, my question is, what do you folks recommend for moving a relatively small amount of Scirocco parts?  I used to buy stuff from individuals who posted here, and that worked pretty well (at least from my end).   It looks as though that traffic has moved to the scirocco.org site; is that working well for everyone?  What about Ebay?  I've got a digital camera, and thought about posting pix of the stuff (especially the used and/or hard-to-describe stuff) to link to any ads I place.  Do you find this helpful, either as buyers or sellers? Thanks,Jeff WheelerColumbia, SC

--0-1502527000-1041527274=:64865

<P>IMO, posting a "heads-up, I have some parts for sale" message here before you list them on the .org, Vortex, Ebay, etc., gives the listers the first crack at them and takes very little bandwidth if you instruct them to contact you off-list...
<P>That kind of preferential treatment tends to reward the active listers (which I think it should).
<P>My $0.02....Happy New Year everyone!
<P>JT
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Jeff Hates Spam &lt;j-dubbya@sc.rr.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>(Skip to the next paragraph to avoid sappiness)&nbsp;It's been nearly 2 years since I last subscribed to this list, and it's damned heartening to see that it's still going strong, and that there are so many familiar faces (well, e-mail addresses).&nbsp; Owners of other marques should be so lucky!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Under threat of physical violence from my spouse, I traded my beloved '82 GL (and lots of equally beloved cash, and freedom from debt) for a 2001.5 Passat.&nbsp; I'm generally happy with the new car (don't get me started about the dealership, though), but have still kept my garage stocked with 'rocco spares, "just in case."&nbsp; The threats are starting anew, and I can see as where I'd better get to doing something about it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>So, my question is, what do you folks recommend for moving a relatively small amount of Scirocco parts?&nbsp; I used to buy stuff from individuals who posted here, and that worked pretty well (at least from my end).&nbsp;&nbsp; It looks as though that traffic has moved to the scirocco.org site; is that working well for everyone?&nbsp; What about Ebay?&nbsp; I've got a digital camera, and thought about posting pix of the stuff (especially the used and/or hard-to-describe stuff) to link to any ads I place.&nbsp; Do you find this helpful, either as buyers or sellers?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Jeff Wheeler</FONT></DIV>
--0-1502527000-1041527274=:64865--