Cheating the sniffer?

you can adjust the mixture to reduce some emissions, but others will rise (i
don't remember exactly, but iirc leaning it out increases NOx, reduces HC
and CO). don't think you'll be able to get away with this on the dyno type
emissions tests here though.  otoh, i have a tt dp and cat with my car, had
cams, 2l block, etc, and the emissions are practically zero. with a new cat
and a properly tuned car, you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever. even
without a cat, a rocc can pass emissions with the old style idle-sniffer
tests (but i couldn't do it with the dyno tests).

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...