16V Best mixture / timing settings?

>So, what mixture settings (at idle, in milliamps) are people
>running?  And timing?
>Back when my car was acting up, it'd occasionally go like a bat
>outta hell, now I'm trying to find whatever setting that was.
>Currently, I'm running 10 degrees advance, and 9 mA at idle.  Purrs
>like a kitten at idle, but just not as fast as I've seen it before
>occasionally.
>BTW, does the mixture even matter at WOT? - cause mine is always the
>same reading (19.6 mA) at WOT.

Years ago, Techtonics determined that running anything other then the
stock 6 degrees timing
advance hurt performance on their engine dyno.   As for the mixture /
DPR setting, for CIS-E
a fluctuating reading around 4 mA is about where you should probably
have it.  The readings
here will probably dip to around 2.5ish to 6ish with a good working O2 sensor.

==Brett

--
  \/  `87 Scirocco 2.0t project | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v,  '84 Scirocco ITB racer project | - brett@netacc.net